Sudden jump in cpu usage

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
I3etFI
Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:32 am

x

Sudden jump in cpu usage

Hi,

Every now and then a big project of mine would suddenly jump in cpu usage. It was barely using anything before, maybe 12-16% max, but now it's jumping all the way to >100%, and fluctuates constantly, based on FL's own cpu clock. Skippy tracks, underruns everywhere, increasing buffer time helps but I've never had to moved it up literally a few hours ago. Even when I'm not playing anything, the cpu clock already goes crazy. Despite that, task manager never shows FL Studio running above 20%.

I believe my CPU is pretty strong, so I went and opened up another projects that has even more heavy vsts, and it ran FINE, cpu <20%, at 14ms buffer time, no underruns.

Hope you guys could help me out with this one, I really don't want to lose the glitched project :(.

Here's a video of the problem:

The glitchy project was running smoothly yesterday, and it has far fewer plugins than the project afterwards. I use Massive and Fabfilter a lot of my projects and they are all running fine, I don't know what's the deal with this one though :D

Orlando Pagan
Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 pm

x

Re: Sudden jump in cpu usage

I3etFI wrote:Hi, Every now and then a big proj...

I3etFI
Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:49 pm

x

Hey, Thanks for the suggestion, I'll use that ...

FidelityMusic
Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:02 pm

x

Hello I3etFI, I3etFI wrote:The glitchy project...

I3etFI
Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:30 pm

x

Hi, I've got a bunch of drivers related to aud...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FidelityMusic
Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:02 pm

x

Reinstall the driver pertaining to the device t...

FidelityMusic
Wed May 03, 2017 4:10 pm

x

Are you using the latest versions of your VST p...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”