Midi Drum Editing - Resolved

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Magdoran
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:02 pm

x

Midi Drum Editing - Resolved

FL Studio does not seem to be able to import midi files generated by Melodyne Studio 4.

I'd appreciate input about the best software dedicated midi import/export editor out there that is not range bound.
This must be able to import drum/percussive midi exported from Melodyne Studio 4.

The overall objective is to determine the most elegant way to extract multiple kit pieces from a single wav file so it can be imported to become a Drum/Percussive groove in FXpansion BFD3.

BFD3 has a specific range that midi data must occupy, and a specific kind of midi format (not really sure I understand if and what differences there are in midi files). You can configure the midi key note map and change locations if needed in BFD3. However, the challenge is that in the processing stage, Melodyne only lists numbers vs "octave notes", which makes it nearly impossible to match up the midi tracks to corresponding drum grooves (e.g. Kick to kick, snare to snare, etc).

Hence the Melodyne Studio 4 midi export needs an extra step to get it into line with BFD3. Neither of these outfits will fill in the next step, both by policy, and so far the management for each group has ruled this out.

So, in the Melodyne tutorial on drum replacement, especially when several drum/percussion kit pieces are on the one .wav file, and the aim is to generate separate groove tracks for each of these kit pieces for use in BFD3, the mid step they show is either in Logic or Abelton live.

The step is to import the Melodyne generated midi file, and then adjust each individual kit piece to the required "note" position in the midi range that corresponds to the desired instrument (drum kit piece in this case).

So, has anyone done this successfully? I need a way to check that Melodyne has exported the midi in tact/successfully. I also need to be able to essentially "transpose" all the kit pieces contained in the Melodyne exported midi file in whatever software it is that can do this. This assumes the initial "export" from Melodyne is in fact viable.

So far from what I can see, FL Studio is incapable of doing this, and apparently Ableton can't do this either. I haven't tried Pro Tools yet, LOL, and I don't hold much hope there, their code is lagging behind so much.

Hence does anyone know of a reliable effective method of performing the mid step outlined above? This could be a dedicated midi editing engine of some kind. I downloaded a couple of these so far, but none have worked to this point (One is called LOL "Midi Editor").

I'd greatly appreciate any help on this, and/or experiences others have had trying to do this kind of thing. In order to streamline this process, I'm keen to find a great midi editor that works! :)
Last edited by Magdoran on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

NTO
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:23 am

x

Re: Best Midi Editing Software - Recommendations?

Sorry, it took some time to do this... Magdoran...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”