Buying FL Studio Fruity Edition gave me malware?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
coolaid charcoal
Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:50 pm

x

Buying FL Studio Fruity Edition gave me malware?

A few months ago, I bought the box for FL Studio Fruity Edition (FL Studio 11) off of Amazon and downloaded the content I could then access from the official site (here aka not pirated or from a second party beyond Image Line). It's been awesome - no bugs, doesn't lag, etc. However, starting from about yesterday to a few days ago, my antivirus software (AVG but that's not really relevant) detected malware - MalSign.OpenCandy.7AF - in the directory c:\Users\profile name (my full name)\Downloads\flstudio_10.0.9c.exe

I am unable to remove it as the action would actually delete all of FL Studio off of my hard drive. Did I download Malware from the official Image Line site? Did I get an older version than I purchased? I ask the latter question because the file name suggests that I have FL Studio 10.0.9 instead of 11.

I did have a demo of FL Studio before this purchase, from a time when I think 11 wasn't out yet. That might be the case, but I don't know the process. Will updating remove the Malware? Do I have to uninstall the program to remove it? Does that mean I have to reinstall FL Studio? Would that entail spending another $80-100 on a new serial code or could I just use the same one? I don't even think I still have it.

Please help!

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:42 pm

x

Re: Buying FL Studio Fruity Edition gave me malware?

It's not malware. OpenCandy is used by the inst...

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:49 pm

x

Re: Buying FL Studio Fruity Edition gave me malware?

Did you try the FL 11 installer? If so, does it...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”