midi sustain pedal issue

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sparrow11
Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:18 am

x

midi sustain pedal issue

Hello, I am running windows 7, 64bit. I am using FL 9, and using a Yamaha P-90 as my controller. My friend has FL 11 on windows 7, (not sure 32 or 64), however the problem is the same when i try to use either computer.

Here is what is happening: I am recording a piano section using the Addictive Keys plugin (xln audio). while holding the sustain petal i can press a key and it will sustain and ring out as it should, however as soon as i press that same key while still holding down the pedal, the first note is cut off completely as if it were never played. (this is not how an analog piano sounds because the strings are open when the sustain is pressed and the hammer can hit the strings repeatedly and all previous strikes will continue to ring).

this issue does not occur in the stand-alone version of addictive keys, only when it is used as a plugin in FL. (i do not have any other DAWs to test this in).

also i know FL is not an officially supported host for addictive keys, but i found that this same sustaining issue occurs with FL keys so it seems to be an issue on the FL side of things.

is there anything i can do to remedy this? this is very debilitating to my compositions and it is driving me a little crazy.
I have attached 2 audio samples. one is how it sounds in FL as a plugin, the other is in the standalone version (how it should sound).

thank you for your time
-Michael.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:57 am

x

Re: midi sustain pedal issue

How do you play the notes, exactly?

sparrow11
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:27 am

x

hello, thank you for your response. I am holdin...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:46 am

x

Does this happen with other plugins as well?

sparrow11
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:31 pm

x

hello, yes it happens with all the velocity sen...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

9loops
Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:16 pm

x

FL has an original way to deal with the sustain...

sparrow11
Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 pm

x

Hello 9loops, thank you for your reply. I linke...

9loops
Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 pm

x

Weird, it's not linked correctly. Leave the sos...

sparrow11
Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:16 am

x

9loops you are a genius! I must have been doing...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”