Playback while recording issue

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jreed6
Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:50 am

x

Playback while recording issue

I'm trying to record live bass over my midi tracks that have been previously recorded. I run DI from my bass to my M-Audio interface. I don't go through edison, i'm going through a mixer track to record. Before I get long winded with my explanation, my problem is that I hear my bass while playing live but can't hear what I've already created or my metronome while I record live. I need my background to lay the bass down. OK now the long winded part. I select ASIO4all for my audio input and still have live bass. I select a mixer track to record on and select my input/output to my M-Audio device and still have live bass. Hit record, choose into the playlist as an audioclip, hit play and I'll see the metronome ticking and the track playing but have nothing in my headphones to follow while ASIO4All is selected. I've fixed this before (by luck) but I can't remember the proper steps to take to have my track & metronome playing behind what I am recording live (including without the live recording picking up the playback & metronome). All in all, I'm having to try to keep pace with the metronome internally while I record because I have no playback to follow while recording live. I believe last time I had to set my output through my monitors and listen to that with one headphone on to hear my live recording. This sucks, I'm frustrated and tired of searching the forum for an answer, what am I forgetting/missing? Please help.

Thanks,
JR

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:33 am

x

Re: Playback while recording issue

Make sure the master output goes to a soundcard...

jreed6
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:49 pm

x

I still don't have any playback while recording...

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:35 pm

x

Could you try this with a new project that just...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”