FL Studio and Windows 7 Power Options?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jcuervo
Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:20 am

x

FL Studio and Windows 7 Power Options?

Is it unusual to need to go into Windows Advanced power options and set the Minimum processor state to 100% for FL Studio to maintain stable audio. I've installed FL Studio on a variety of systems over the years and never needed to change this setting, so I'm wondering why my new machine is being such a slow beast.
My Computer Specs; Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop with a 4th gen i5-4460, 8gb of ram, Windows 7, added a 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD as system disk and used 1tb stock drive as second disk. Audio Drivers; Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, ASIO4All
I've done most of the usual audio system tweaks I can think of like disabling unnecessary background services and devices and uninstalling worthless programs. I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is with this new system. Is it super weak, messed up, the SSD drive I swapped in, or is this normal for FL Studio and some CPUs?
I should say that with the Min and Max processor state set to 100% I can get 6ms latency with an occasional underun if I work at it, anything over 6ms is basically stable. Other audio programs seem to benefit from changing the processor state setting as well.
Any thoughts or ideas on the subject will be appreciated.
Thank You.

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:18 am

x

Re: FL Studio and Windows 7 Power Options?

It's not unusual. It's a change to the 4th gen...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”