FL Studio 12 as a VSTi: Tempo automation causes "distortion"

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TranceCrafter
Wed May 20, 2015 6:42 pm

x

FL Studio 12 as a VSTi: Tempo automation causes "distortion"

I've done some testing and I actually don't think it's distortion I think it's more of a problem having to do with midi, but basically if you have fl studio loaded as a vsti within another host and you have it slaved to the tempo of the master host.....and then you automate the tempo of the master host, then the midi notes within the fl vsti begin to sound all weird and chopped up. This is extremely problematic for me if I am going to use fl studio in my projects as I use the fl vsti for all of my electronic sounds in conjunction with cubase.

I did a few tests and this problem exists when you run the fl vsti within fl itself.

here is an flp reproducing the problem, a screenshot, and an mp3 of the result.
tempo automation fl vsti.flp
tempo automation fl vsti.png
tempo automation fl vsti.mp3
all I did was load up the fl vsti within a proper instance of fl studio, then I loaded up fl keys within the fl vsti and inserted a few notes (it does this with every vsti though, just using fl keys to show that it does it even with a fl native plugin). then I automated the tempo in the master host, which the slave should sync to, except that it automatically begins having audible problems in the result. I think that the fl vsti is not processing the tempo changes in a "clean" fashion, the time indicator seemed to get a bit jittery while the automation is occuring, and then goes back to normal when the tempo stabilizes.

If this could be looked at at some point would be great, I use tempo automations in my tracks very often to create some more organic sounding atmospheres and rhythms that you cannot create with a single bpm. I would very much like to reintegrate fl studio into my work, I've been a user of fl studio since version 7 of the program but have moved to cubase because of a need for some other features. if I could combine the two workflows would be amazing. I just can't do that though if this tempo thing is a problem. :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FidelityMusic
Wed May 20, 2015 6:59 pm

x

Re: FL Studio 12 as a VSTi: Tempo automation causes "distort

This is the result I get using the project you ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TranceCrafter
Wed May 20, 2015 7:46 pm

x

Alright so I upgraded to 12.02 and ran another ...

TranceCrafter
Wed May 20, 2015 8:33 pm

x

fl studio reaper test.zip fl studio automation...

TranceCrafter
Wed May 20, 2015 8:39 pm

x

hmmmmmmmmm just took a listen to that last rend...

TranceCrafter
Wed May 20, 2015 8:49 pm

x

one last test, this one was rendered from cubas...

TranceCrafter
Wed May 20, 2015 9:31 pm

x

32 bit test vienna ensemble pro

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:25 pm

x

It seems fine here, both when I playback live a...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”