Windows 10 Crashes related to vorbis.acm

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
gleem
Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:58 am

x

Windows 10 Crashes related to vorbis.acm

After upgrading to Windows 10, I am getting crashes related to vorbis.acm

It appears that most everything requiring system sounds will crash out with a File System Error (-1073741819)

This affects anything triggering the UAC Administrator prompt, such as trying to install FLRegkey.reg, or even trying to change the UAC permissions itself makes it silently fail and won't change. I can consistently get a failure from the "Sounds" chooser, by selecting and clicking Test for any one of the sounds.

To fix it I can boot into safe mode, run the uninstallers for both vorbis codecs, and reboot, and all the Windows stuff works fine again... except for large amounts of the FL Studio content...! GAH!

I tried installing Xiph opencodecs for ogg support, but that only seems to affect certain DirectShow players, and doesn't do anything for FL Studio.

Attached are still caps of the errors so far.

Can I batch-convert all the FL Studio content somehow so I wouldn't need vorbis support in FL Studio?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:36 am

x

Re: Windows 10 Crashes related to vorbis.acm

The good news is that we won't need vorbis.acm ...

Tez
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:27 am

x

Re: Windows 10 Crashes related to vorbis.acm

Am I correct in assuming the VorbisACM_x64 unin...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”