[Solved] Monitor midi recording

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Richie1027
Sat May 28, 2016 1:01 am

x

Monitor midi recording

There is likely a simple answer that alludes me. In my motif sequencer I can play other pattern tracks (or mute) when I record a new track in a pattern. I know the Yamaha terms are similar (i.e. Pattern) but not identical to FL Studio

I just recorded 10 bars in pattern 1. I now want to record another track with the same instrument to supplement some areas of the pattern.

I have NOT tried overdubbing (yet) but wonder if there's a way I can monitor pattern 1 while recording pattern 2? I tried putting the pattern 1 clip in the playlist, and then began recording pattern 2, but it seems that song and pattern mode cannot play together.

Any suggestions how I can listen to pattern one while recording pattern 2? Or is overdubbing my only option.

Thanks

NTO
Sat May 28, 2016 1:24 pm

x

Re: Monitor midi recording

You can record the same instrument, but not int...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Richie1027
Sat May 28, 2016 6:20 pm

x

Re: Monitor midi recording

That was precisely my problem.....trying to use...

FidelityMusic
Tue May 31, 2016 4:40 pm

x

Re: [Solved] Monitor midi recording

This topic was marked as "Solved".
Image-Line forum support

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”