Freeze/Crash for no known reason

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
SonnyZ
Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:03 pm

x

Freeze/Crash for no known reason

I bought FL 12 not so long ago. I have many plugins from Fab Filter, Waves, Plugin Alliance and VSTis: Nexus, Spire, Serum, Sylenth, Minimoog (legal versions).
I'm using the 64 bits version, most of my plugins are 64 bits.

My config:
Alienware14
Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2,4 Ghz
RAM: 8 Go
64 bits
Windows 7
NI Komplete Audio 6

While under FL 10 I had no problem with this config and same plugins.
After I started using FL12 it was fine for a while. One day my FabFilter pro Q2 had a problem for no reason. When I opened project it couldn't be found and was replaced by wrappers. The projects didn't work well then. I tried to reinstall Pro Q 2 but it's still the same.

Other than that, when my projects become quite big with lot of plugins, it freezes after a few minutes (2-3) when I play. Then I have to quit FL via the task manager.
It doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it works fine. But when it doesn't it doesn't, even if I reboot my computer, so I just can try again the day after...

It is very annoying. I don't know if it is caused by Windows, FL or some plugins.

PS:
To be more precise, the screen freezes and the sound cuts, but the time on top keeps going on and if I put my mouse on something I still get the info on the top left corner. But when I clic or press any button it crashes.

FidelityMusic
Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:57 pm

x

Re: Freeze/Crash for no known reason

Hello SonnyZ, What version of FL Studio 12 do ...

vdub102000
Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:22 am

x

we have the exact same issue, i can just let a ...

FidelityMusic
Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:12 pm

x

vdub102000 wrote:we have the exact same issue, ...

vdub102000
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:39 am

x

FidelityMusic (IL) wrote:vdub102000 wrote:we ha...

FidelityMusic
Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:08 pm

x

vdub102000 wrote:When a song is playing or i am...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”