Sytrus: Strange Static/Crackling while adjusting operator volumes manually - is this normal?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Razzia
Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:09 pm

x

Sytrus: Strange Static/Crackling while adjusting operator volumes manually - is this normal?

Hello,

I've just bought Sytrus. When I adjust the volume of a modulator osc from the matrix, I get an odd crackling noise. I am certain this is not a buffer underrun. I have tried on many different latency settings with no difference in result. Notably, this issue doesn't occur when self-modulating the carrier, and it doesn't occur when assigning the modulator volumes to the XY controller, so maybe it's an issue with the matrix itself?

Since it doesn't appear that the knobs on the matrix can be assigned to macros in Live, it's not a huge deal because I won't be modulating them in real time anyway, but perhaps this information will be useful to someone.

I've tested in Ableton Live 9.7 beta 4, Live 9.6.2 stable version, and Studio One 3.2, (all x64) all yielding the same results.

Specs:
Win 10 x64
i7 6700k
16GB RAM DDR4/2400
250GB SSD/2TB HDD

See attached video for further information. My free screencap software doesn't record the cursor for some reason, but hopefully it's evident enough what's going on. I had to record the audio within live and add it manually to the video so it's a fraction of a second behind the video, but close enough to get the point across.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”