Muted mixer channel still makes sound.

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
xet449
Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:20 am

x

Muted mixer channel still makes sound.

Good evening!

TLDR; A mixer channel makes sound even though it's muted and it varys from being mono to stereo depending on if I mute/solo it.

I recently discovered something strange. I just muted all of my channels in the mixer although there is one VST (that is routed to the mixer) that still makes sound in playback even when it's "muted". The VST patch is browsed in Kontakt. The only time it really gets muted is when I mute either the patch in Kontakt, or the master channel, or the track in the playlist or the MIDI Out Channel it's routed to. It DOES NOT work to mute Kontakt itself. I will still get an output.
Apart from the mixer channel the patch is routed to it's not routed to anything else but to the 100-103 channels and the master, all as default I believe.

Now I'm just going to give you an example. It's going to be hard to explain but I'll try my best:

Chapter 1: The first encounter

The VST patch is routed to the mixer channel 30 and I think the output is two channels excluding the master.
So, when everything is muted except from the master and channels 100-103 the output channel is 100. If I disable send from channel 30 to channel 100 the output is 101. And if I disable send from 30 to 101 the output is 102 and if I mute 103, the master channel is the only output.
Channel 30 is a mono sound and channel 100-103 is more of a stereo sound but they're both playing the exact same thing. It's a Legato Ensemble patch from a Choir Library, both men and women.

Chapter 2: FL Studio is trolling me.

Okey...... Now, 20 minutes later when I disabled and enabled send from 30 to 100-103 they're no longer the second output. (?!?!?) Right now they're just empty channels not making any sound. Send is still enabled from 30 though.
Now when I mute 30 I get a mono sound and a stereo sound when I unmute/solo it. I guess 100-103 is hiding inside the master channel because now the master channel is complementing 100-103. I think they might've swaped places with each other. In chapter 1, 30 was mono, and now in chapter 2 it's stereo when I unmute/solo it. I am very confused.

Does anyone know what's going on?

To be honest, it's not really an issue for me I guess, I'm just curious why it won't stay muted.

Thanks!!

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”