Low Volume in Master following update

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
andy3252
Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:04 am

x

Low Volume in Master following update

Hi

I wonder if someone could help me with an issue that has arisen since I updated my FLS to the latest release.

Prior to the update whenever I loaded a synth or played any samples the meters in the tracks and the master would be around 0db or in the red before I faded them in the mixer, something that always bugged me with VST instruments that loaded with their master output being high. However since the update (though this may be a coincidence) no matter what I do the meters rarely now go over -13db even with the faders raised up over the default 0db setting. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke I loaded previous projects that I know were loud as I hadn't mixed them as yet, and they played back so quiet too. I then loaded another DAW (Sonar Plat.) after closing FLS and tried the instruments in that DAW and they were fine, overly loud as ever and needing to be tamed.

Any ideas anyone, or has someone else had the same issue?

I want the ability to fade my sound not have to watch low meter readings and use my Audio Interfaces volume control to get back to the level I normally had.

UPDATE: Not sure what the issue was but after two days of it not working at regular volume/metering levels, in the last hour its working fine. I did kinda think this through and realised that for the last two days I had used FL Mini-Host to do sound design with VPS Avenger and Serum and then, following a sizeable pause (several hours) in my day when my PC went to sleep, I woke it and starting using FL Studio and that's when I had the above issue. Again not sure if its just coincidence or if either Mini-Host left something in the background which affected FLS's mixer or the sleeping of the PC. Anyway it all seems fine now and I can rest easy, just strange that Sonar Platinum wasn't affected, could it have been a hang over from Mini-Host?

Cheers

Andy

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”