Sound crackling after closing FL studio 12 and issues with sound at zero underruns

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
SploutLord
Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 pm

x

Sound crackling after closing FL studio 12 and issues with sound at zero underruns

Hi,

I have 2 issues regarding FL studio 12 I've been trying to solve for over a week now. I've tried everything to fix this. After spending several hours reading forums, the image line help, watching videos, I've had no luck. I feel like giving up and abandoning FL studio i'm so fed up.

problem 1 - After using FL studio, I close the program and say go to youtube to watch a video, or listen to music. The sound is choppy and stuttery and I have to restart my computer for sound to return to normal when using my PC for other tasks. I have no idea why this is but its very annoying.

Problem 2 - This is the main problem and is driving me mad. I'll open FL studio 12 and begin a new track. I will be composing a simple melody on sytrus to begin with while repeat playing the melody as I compose it to hear how it sounds. As i'm doing this the sound will glitch/stutter every so often losing sound. The CPU load at this time is only 1%!!!! This happens when playing back full songs as well when the CPU load is 20%. I never ever have any underruns - they are always at zero but somehow the stuttering still occurs.

My setup is Fl studio 12, Focusrite 2i2 2nd gen, Win10, Core i5 3.3Ghz 8GB RAM Nvidia GTX 770

I've tried reinstalling the focusrite drivers, ive reinstalled FL studio, I have changed every option possible in the Audio settings tab, Ive tried all the CPU optimisation options etc etc. But even if the CPU load is 1%, with no underruns and only listening to a one track melody, there is still Glitching/stuttering every so often (once or twice per minute).

I've thought about reinstalling my computer with windows 7 to see if that fixes the problem but I really don't want to do that. Please can you help me solve these issues once and for all.

Thanks

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”