FL Studio overwrites/deletes recordings (or reuses recording filenames) in a ZIP file?!

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
intoflatlines
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:44 pm

x

FL Studio overwrites/deletes recordings (or reuses recording filenames) in a ZIP file?!

I'm running FL Studio 12 to record my band. I have a laptop for recording, along with a desktop for mixing/mastering. I save all my projects as ZIP files so it can easily be worked on with the different computers. The ZIP files are synced to Google Drive which is synced to my different computers.

I've noticed that lately when I work on projects, it seems like FL deletes and/or overwrites existing recordings/samples. Here's a simplified example of my workflow:

1. Make a project called "EXAMPLE SONG".
2. Record a guitar sample into the playlist. FL names the WAV "EXAMPLE SONG_REC_1.wav"
3. Save the project as a zipped file. Inside the ZIP is the "EXAMPLE SONG_REC_1.wav".
4. Edit the guitar sample in Edison. Replace the original sample with the edited one by right clicking on the send to playlist button in Edison. It renames the channel "EXAMPLE SONG_REC_1 #2" or "EXAMPLE SONG_REC_2", I forget.
5. Right click the channel and rename it to "GUITAR 1" (AFAIK, it does not rename the actual WAV file)
6. Save the project again, and close.
7. Open the project on another computer (but I think it still does it with the same computer - can't be sure though).
8. Record a vocal sample. FL will sometimes start off with a "....._REC_3" or something, but sometimes it seems to start over as REC_1 which seems to be fine during playback but when the project is resaved, it only has one REC_1 which means either the guitar or the vocal WAV is missing from the ZIP.

Sorry if the "simplified" example isn't all that simple... I spend several dozen hours on a track, moving back and forth between computers, recording audio, editing the audio, resaving, etc.

TLDR: FL Studio reuses filenames when recording audio into the playlist which causes samples to be deleted or overwritten. How can I stop this from happening? The issue I'm dealing with currently is a bit more complicated (I can explain if needed) but that's the basics of what I think's going on. Can someone please help?

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”