Saved Projects open twice if FL is not already running

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
AJYoung
Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:00 pm

x

Saved Projects open twice if FL is not already running

I've had a rather annoying issue for a while now, and it has persisted since I started using FL around the release of version 12. It hasn't been fixed with the regular updates, so I figured I should report it.

If you open a saved project by double-clicking the .flp in Windows Explorer: FL will open, load the project completely, say "Project Loaded" in the hint bar, and then proceed to load the whole project a second time. This happens with every project, including the Demo projects shipped with FL. In addition, when I open FL regularly (via a shortcut or by double-clicking the .exe), it will load my saved Default template twice in a row.

Here is a video showing the behavior:
2017-04-24 11-11-33.mp4
This does not happen if you load a project when FL is already open, either by using the File menu or Windows Explorer. I have also noticed that when FL loads the project the first time, my registered name is displayed in the project name field in the upper left corner. On the second time, the name of the project appears correctly.

This can be a very annoying issue, especially when I am working on a project with a lot of Stretched audio. It doubles the loading time, extending it to almost 5 minutes on some of my previous, audio-heavy projects.

I am using FLStudio 12.4.2 [build 33] 64-bit on a Windows 10 HP Notebook.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”