Crackling Issues

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Systematic Melody
Wed May 24, 2017 3:38 pm

x

Crackling Issues

Hey there,

I'm having crackling issues with FL Studio under Windows 10.

I've tried playback via: Cerwin Vega XD4 speakers via Direct Output and ASIO4ALL, XD4 speakers via Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface via Steinberg USB ASIO and ASIO4ALL and FL Studio ASIO, Sennheiser HD498 via UR22 output and direct output on PC, also i've tried using Audio Technica M50 with same outputs.

The crackling is always present. It is least present via direct output ASIO4ALL/FL Studio ASIO/Direct where it will crackle every 5 seconds or so. Otherwise, the other methods produce crackling every 2 seconds or less.

I'm running primarily VSTs with maybe 5 samples at best and, my CPU clocks to about 30-40% at max.

I've updated my BIOS to latest version. My PC specs are:

Asus X99A ii
Intel Core i7 6800k
32GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Steinberg UR22
Cerwin-Vega XD4
Windows 10 (latest update)
FL Studio 12 (latest stable version)

This issue drove me to reformat my PC after some other bugs relating to other programs finally made me tick. I don't know what the cause of that was. Previous to the format, the audio would actually stop, click/reverse/feedback, and start over about 0.2 seconds. I didn't mind it before because I was using it at a low volume for relatively simple projects.

I'm working on a big project right now (>4 minutes) and it is driving me nuts. It feels like it has become worse over time. I can't listen to the track all the way through on headphones with fresh ears without needing a break afterwards.

I'm using all stock FL Studio plugins and Massive (however Massive isn't used until halfway through the track and the crackling is present from the first 4 bars).

I've also tried disabling my wireless, graphics card, LAN, disabling power settings for USB, and disabling my AV, it doesn't work. The best solution atm is directly connecting my headphones but the volume can't go very high and there is still a soft crackle every 5-30 seconds.

If I export the track, it plays back fine anywhere.

If I use my speakers to just play spotify they seem to play fine.

This issue will even occur in an empty project with just a kick.

PS: I've tried all the solutions on FL knowledge base/website.
Last edited by Systematic Melody on Thu May 25, 2017 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

FidelityMusic
Wed May 24, 2017 5:47 pm

x

Re: Crackling Issues

Hello Systematic Melody, Systematic Melody wro...

Systematic Melody
Thu May 25, 2017 5:12 am

x

mate, thanks for the response. that is weird. ...

FidelityMusic
Thu May 25, 2017 1:47 pm

x

Have you tested the output with only the DAC co...

ChiefJudgeDredd
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:47 am

x

I have similar crackling issues BUT ONLY WITH F...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:30 pm

x

Hi there. Please create a new topic and attach...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”