Failed attempt to try to relocate FL Studio to another drivev

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Xomi3
Wed May 24, 2017 10:48 pm

x

Failed attempt to try to relocate FL Studio to another drivev

So, the main directory that I had FL studio saved in was my C: drive, (Program files(x86) / Image Line). My computer is trying to download updates for Windows 10, and needs to download them in the C: drive. The only problem is that I don't have any more room in my C: drive. So, I brilliantly thought I would just copy the entire 'Image Line' file directory and paste it into my D: drive, which has plenty of space.

As the copy/paste was taking place, I decided to open up FL Studio to see if everything was still working okay. Unfortunately, I just got a whole bunch of error messages about missing plugins, as well as the attached error window...(see attachment)

In a panic, I quickly stopped the transfer of files to my D: drive, deleted the files I tried to copy, and now the FL studio icons are missing from my desktop, and they now look like this....(see attachment) (Note: all the original content I tried to copy is STILL in my C: drive...Here, I just deleted the partially copied files from the D: drive)

Here is my question Image-Line support: How can I transfer my Image Line directory to a new drive, and then inform FL studio to look in that new directory as opposed to my old directory? Im assuming all the missing files and plugins is because FL studio doesnt know where to look for its data now.

Any and all help is appreciated!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”