Pops and clicks when recording audio

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Spivkurl
Thu May 25, 2017 3:05 pm

x

Pops and clicks when recording audio

If it is of any consequence, I too have had this issue on both of my studio computers (win 7 and win XP). Win 7 is using a MOTU traveler MKII (latest driver/firmware) and FL 12.4.2, the XP is using Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (latest ASIO driver) and FL 12.3.

Whenever I record to edison or the playlist, there are brief moments where everything seems to drop out (GUI, sound, recording etc). When viewing the recorded file zoomed close, these moments are represented as though the time did not exist. The waveform stops one place, and picks up instantly with missing data. This creates annoying little clicks.

12.3 is the first place I noticed it, but sometimes if I'm not paying attention I don't notice it, especially if I am monitoring a full mix. This happens with an empty project with empty template, just enabling an input and arming record or edison recording. Once recording is started it begins happening pretty quickly, and does not seem related to length being recorded.

I would not normally instantly blame the software, except that the two systems are so different (OS, interface, and FL version). The only things I have changed since noticing this are to uninstall some plugins which I never used and to back up some audio files to an external HD. Both systems are set to the highest performance settings. Neither is connected to the internet.

I have tried various buffer setups on both systems, and even at extremely high latency settings the problem persists (settings which make FL pretty much useless to me in other ways).

FidelityMusic
Thu May 25, 2017 3:10 pm

x

Re: Crackling Issues

This is not related to what's being reported in...

Spivkurl
Thu May 25, 2017 3:21 pm

x

Re: Pops and clicks when recording audio

Apologies. I got the impression that the issue ...

FidelityMusic
Thu May 25, 2017 9:50 pm

x

Re: Pops and clicks when recording audio

We had reports of similar issues, but through a...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”