Can't import Audio File

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
AndrewSnyder
Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:28 pm

x

Can't import Audio File

So I had this full project i was working then my computer crashed and ultimately made me have to reinstall windows (HUGE PISS OFF) i was able to recover all the files I THOUGHT I needed but it seems i forgot about the folder for any Sliced Beats I had made in FL. Now in this project I am able to load it all up just all the audio files I needed are gone which for most of them I can remake them pretty easily except one. I have a background ambiance sound that was lost i guess since I cut it up but i still have the original file and whenever I go to drag it in it starts decoding but stops about 35% of the way through and doesn't load the sample. Now this isn't me trying to replace the sample I am simply just putting it in again as if i were loading a brand new sample and dragging and dropping. I have also tried going to the Audio category and going to the sample (red because it can't be found) and have tried clicking the open audio file which it will do the exact same thing. If i drag this audio file into any other project it works fine and loads perfectly. I have also tried pasting the file in the sliced beats folder which did nothing. I have tried running as admin, renaming the file, converting the file, opening a different audio file (which loads fine into the sampler) and then going back and loading the original file which will not load it keeps the other file i just put in. I am extremely confused by this as it does not seem like a common issue. I have looked through debug and the only thing I have come across today after switching to random audio file then going back is it says "File playground.mp3 could not be found in base folders, now starting a search in all extra folders"

Another odd thing is when i was working on this project before my computer called it quits FL would only run at about 300k in Task Manager which now when I play the song through (even with priority set on high) its running at over 2Million which I can't wrap my head around. I mean I could try fully rebuilding the project since i have almost all components of the old one it would just take forever.

I am running Windows 10 (Build 1703) (just updated as i was running an older build before), 64bit, AMD FX-8350, 18gb RAM.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

AndrewSnyder
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 am

x

Re: Can't import Audio File

UPDATE: Was somehow able to load the audio fil...

FidelityMusic
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:50 pm

x

Hello AndrewSnyder, AndrewSnyder wrote:Well ev...

AndrewSnyder
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 am

x

Yes that is what I am talking about and yes I h...

FidelityMusic
Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 pm

x

If you've carefully followed those steps you sh...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”