MAJOR PDC Problems (in need of urgent fixing)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Maulwurf
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 am

x

MAJOR PDC Problems (in need of urgent fixing)

1. The send channels have noticable pre ring when using buses and plugins that induce delay.
-> This forces you to make CPU heavy duplicates of reverbs and and makes standard general reverb/parallel effect management borderline impossible.

2. Bussing Buses and parallel processing.
-> For example sending a drumbus into a parallel processing channel is impossible without nasty phasing.

3. Channels not routed to the mixer aren't compensated.
-> makes sketching and trying out ideas in a developed project a huge pain.

4. Time based effects (gross beat) on the master channel are out of sync.
-> This is a bit niche and I just found this out but I'd like everything I put in my project with the intention of being "in-sync" to be so.

I have included a project file in which I used only FL native plugins to induce delay to Samples that come with FL. The project has a pretty basic routing which would be relatively standard for a Drum mix (with the exception of the hat sample that's not routed to the mixer to demonstrate issue nr. 3).

It has a Kick, Clav, Clap, Hat, and a Snare.

The clap goes to a reverb send (see nr.1) because I don't want to have the long reverb tail of the clap messed up by the upcoming processing.

The clav and the clap go to a bus (see nr.2) The routing here would be very standard when processing Live drums with which you usually have two mics on a snare which you then sum together for compression and whatnot. Yet again really basic mixing techniques made simply unavailable by the PDC issues.

The clav&clap and the Kick go to a bus which goes to a parallel channel for additional processing. Yet again a really ordinary mixing technique not at all usable.

The snare is an example of a channel NOT routed into the drum bus and acts as a reference point and to point out the master channel effect issue (see nr.4). -> The gross beat is set to the "1/4 repeat" setting and is automated to be 100% wet during the last bar of the loop. So if I undertand correctly it should repeat the beginning of the kickdrum. However what in the end gets repeated not the kick, but something else that to me sounds like the beginning of the snare sample, which I've set to trigger significantly BEFORE the automation kicks in.

I've recorded the whole thing into edison as a backup if the problem happens to be in my end after all.

All in all I love the work that is being done constantly to make FL a better DAW, but these issues have been as they are for way too long and are to me really serious issues that limit the capabilities of FL as a whole.

With this post I'm hoping to either get a workaround for these problems (which is why I'm posting to the tech support forum) OR preferably bring this to the attention of those capable of fixing the issue and hopefully getting this at the very top of their to-do lists.

Thanks
-A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FidelityMusic
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:06 am

x

Re: MAJOR PDC Problems (in need of urgent fixing)

Hello Maulwurf, Several of these listed issues...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”