How to get FL12 registered as rewire client?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
gmmx
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:00 am

x

How to get FL12 registered as rewire client?

I just installed Pro Tools 12.8 and then the current version of FL12. (and i have uninstalled and reinstalled FL12 twice with all available options checked). I also have Reason 9.5 installed.

I cannot get PT to see FL as a rewire plug-in (in either Audio or Instrument tracks), nor as a midi input in a Midi track.
PT can see Reason (rewire) fine.
FL12 can see Reason (rewire) fine.
FL12 can rewire to itself fine.

But no matter what i do i cannot get PT to see FL12 as a rewire client. I have tried the normal sequence of (1) launch PT; then (2) launch FL -- but FL launches in stand-alone mode. I have tried the reverse sequence too--which didnt work, as it should not have anyway.

The online documentation on "FL as a rewire client" is out-of-date (no way to access anything that looks like 'registering as a client'), and the youtube videos all show FL as an Instrument in the INSERTS drop-downs ALREADY (they get past this problem some how). No matter how many times i open/close PT12 (and it rescans the plug-ins) only Reason shows as a Rewire instrument (and never FL12).

There are rewire dll's (and a program to unregister rewire) present -- see attachment.

I have run the Diagnostics exe and reset all the FL settings, but nothing changed in the outcome.

I dont see a "Register Rewire client" module, so i assume it was automatically 'registered' at install/reinstall (when all the plugin types were checked).

I have tried this will both 32 and 64 bit versions of FL12.

I dont know what else to try--? -- surely this is a common enough occurrence that there should be a post/faq/tutorial on it somewhere--but i cannot find anything?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gmmx
Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:36 pm

x

Re: How to get FL12 registered as rewire client?

Thanks for the clear instructions. Tried them,...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gmmx
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:29 pm

x

See attached screen shots. * the entries you d...

gmmx
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:56 pm

x

============================== SOLVED. * i did...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”