FL Studio Continuously Freezes and Crashes at Random

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Shukuwuku
Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:37 pm

x

FL Studio Continuously Freezes and Crashes at Random

FL Studio will simply freeze and I'll have to do close the program and re-open it. This happens too frequently for me to get any work done.

I can't seem to find any sort of indicator that'll cause FL studio to crash as I can't seem to repeat the cause replicating the effect: sometimes it crashes when loading a project (doesn't crash repeatedly when loading the same project or project files in general, only every now and then), sometimes it crashes while I'm working on a project, and sometimes just while the program is idle. I thought that maybe the length of time the program is open will cause it to crash, but leaving it idle for long periods of time doesn't replicate the crashing. A lot of my projects utilize only samples/plugins that come with the program, though a few of my projects do utilize third-party samples/plugins (I heard that third party plugins are usually a cause of problems when pirated - I assure that all of my plugins are obtained legally).

The only thing that I can think of that may be causing it to crash is that I switched to Windows 10 recently. It was crashing when I first got Windows 10, I tried to reinstall Windows 10 recently and start fresh, but FL keeps crashing. Crashes occur anywhere from 1-5 times a day depending on how long I'm using it. This problem did not occur when using FL on Windows 7.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”