Latency and Exporting issues with UAD Apollo Twin

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
scarmazzia
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:30 am

x

Latency and Exporting issues with UAD Apollo Twin

Hi guys,

I laid off using a lot of UAD plugins lately due to latency, but I gotta figure this out. When I use certain Universal Audio plugins (UAD Oxford Inflator, 1176 compressors, etc), my drums are out of sync and behind beat during live playback, or they become out of sync upon export. It's odd because I'm running a ton of UAD on my master chain just fine. The ATR-102, SSL G Bus, Pultec, and API 2500 work great on my master, give no latency during live playback, and exports are consistent with live playback.

I run into A LOT of issues when putting UAD plugins on individual tracks, or my busses. The UAD Oxford Inflator instantly makes my drums out of sync and late during live playback when I place it on an individual drum track. If I use the inflator on a drum bus, it's all good - until export. When exported, track sounds way different than playback.

Been doing a lot of mixing with 1176's lately only to find the same thing. These work perfectly good on individual tracks, busses, master, anywhere during live playback. When exporting - once again, the tracks I use them on are late & out of sync. Driving me insane!!

Sample Rate = 44100Hz
Buffer = 512smp(12ms)

I've tried just about every combination of adjustments to no avail. When I select my sample rate (within FL studio), it redirects me to the UAD control center, where I can then adjust it and it automatically syncs that new setting back to FL. I'm wondering if the rate/buffer is out of wack between FL and UAD control center. I've tried lowering and raising buffer many times. Any ideas or trouble shooting tips would be great. I'm using Windows 10 and a newer Acer laptop with thunderbolt 3, so I'm forced to use a thunderbolt 2 to 3 converter (UAD only makes thunderbolt 2 apollo's right now). Not sure if it's my computer or DAW or converter that's having a hard time with this no latency stuff. Too many moving parts is making this a nightmare to figure out.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them, all feedback is super appreciated.

Thanks guys

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:20 am

x

Re: Latency and Exporting issues with UAD Apollo Twin

javarrockamore wrote:hi Im going through the sa...

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 am

x

I have a UAD device now, so we'll be able to lo...

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:08 am

x

Drdmusic wrote:I solved that by routing all the...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”