Have never found solution for the random cpu spikes

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
hawkes3311
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:11 pm

x

Have never found solution for the random cpu spikes

Specs - Mac Book Pro / Bootcamp (Windows 10) (64 Bit > 16 gb ram > Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60Hz
500 gb Solid State Hardrive. Running FL Studio producers edition (64 bit)

The FL CPU load meter on the top right even in my biggest projects almost always reads less than 50 at all times. If I'm playing a project continuously for a few hours, I will often experience a change in the cpu meter where it will go from 45 to 90. Then the only way to return back to normal is for me to restart the computer. I have never found out what is the culprit of this random cpu spike/change. Considering how good my specs are it has made no sense to me. Typically I run projects with approx 10-20 instances of 3rd party vsts. The only bridged (32 bit plugin) I typically use is Refx Nexus 2. I'm starting to think that maybe nexus or the IL bridge process is the culprit and maybe nexus is randomly behaving badly? I would love to find out how to identify the definite cause. Lastly, if it is nexus, I was wondering if going to the windows task manager and changing the priority of il bride (32 bit) and/or FL Studio from "above normal" to "high" or "realtime" might be the answer to my problem? I read that might help, but don't wanna do anything that would be harmful in any way. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! I'm a paying customer and just need to find a work around. Thank you!
Last edited by hawkes3311 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hawkes3311
Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:13 pm

x

Re: Have never found solution for the random cpu spikes

I'm almost 100% sure I found the culprit! I mad...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”