"could not save to file" ghost permissions problem

for all your technical questions

Return to “Technical Support (FL Studio & Plugins)”

Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Provide step-by-step DETAILS about your problem and how to reproduce it. A VIDEO is excellent (get a free recorder here - Upload the .swf format videos direct to the forum). Bugs will be fixed faster if you follow these suggestions. NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 11 pm CET), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
warrentini
Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:52 am

0 x

"could not save to file" ghost permissions problem

Hi. I am using fl studio 12. when i try to save i get an error saying "could not save to file ...". when i try to save to separate drives windows gives me errors saying i cant save there. I have opened up the windows file permissions to everyone in the locations i am trying to save and can not get the program to do so. I am assuming its because of how a lot of the new operating systems lock open applications. im currently running windows 10. However failure to save to an unsecured usb drive makes me rule out permissions issues. this happened deep in a project with no saved progress. i really hope to recover or save this project. is there a registry work around that could possibly save my project and/or a chance of recovery? please help. i cant afford to lose this project. I will leave it open until i get a response. thank you.

- Warren

Jay_V
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:23 pm

0 x

Re: "could not save to file" ghost permissions problem

I have the same issue. To solve this for me now...

Return to “Technical Support (FL Studio & Plugins)”