Bug(?) report / Who is to blame?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
zero2nine
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:21 am

x

Bug(?) report / Who is to blame?

This is a carbon copy of the bug-report I posted in modartt's pianoteq forum. But I believe it has relevance for FL studio aswell.

Hey Modartt

I love Pianoteq. The best VST I ever purchased was this one, but...

If I play the middle C (I have noticed this for all notes, this is only mentioned as an example note), and then I play the middle C again. Obviously I interrupt and mute the original C because my finger leave the key, and the second one should ring out as the hammer strike the strings. Now if I could play the piano this would be of no significance as one cannot replay a middle C without first releasing the very same key one wish to repeat. But if I were arranging a score (which I am forced to because I cannot play the piano) one can easily make two middle C's overlap. In FL studio when two pianoteq-notes interrupt themselves, in the manner I just explained, both the previous and the most recent notes are muted. This is usually no problem because:
A) I'm am an obsessive nerd with I severe dislike for overlapping notes (don't ask)
B) It's easily fixed with a little TLC.

However that's not the end of my "report". The previous section was necessary for me to explain where I think the bug might be found. The previous bug was pretty easy to work around, so I didn't want to bother you. But recently I started working on a rendition of "Everybody Loves Somebody" and found the "swing" function in FL studio very handy. But this overlapping now seems to occur despite the efforts I mentioned earlier but only when "swing" is non-zero. Worse yet (the actual reason I write to you) even when notes do not overlap. My guess is that FL studio doesn't actually handle the implicit "note-off" when the timing is "swingy" (I'm sorry I really am doing the best I to try to convey this to you in a manner that is, at least realatively clear). Or at least it's relegating the implicit note-off (note-interrupting-itself) to the individual VST's themselves. But I don't know, maybe you don't handle it, and nor does FL studio. Or perhaps BOTH try to handle it and a conflict of sorts occur, I don't know.

Here are a couple of examples:

Vanilla (swing is set to 0%):
Track removed from soundcloud...

Swingy (swing is set to 50%):

Swingy (swing is set to 50%, slowed way down to exagerate the effect):

Now I don't know who to send this bug-report to you or Image-Line, but given your VST is the only one I've found that does this, it seemed natural to write to you at least first.

*EDIT*
I have tried with a few other VST's just now. Synth1, SuperWave P8 and SuperWave P80 also does this. Nexus 2 does not.

*EDIT 2*
Nexus 2 does this aswell.

Best regards... and a huge resounding Thank you for Pianoteq. I love you guys!
Christian

PS: Don't feel blue, Image-Line. I also love you and FL studio... I have a big heart :D
Last edited by zero2nine on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

FidelityMusic
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:53 pm

x

Re: Bug(?) report / Who is to blame?

Hello zero2nine, zero2nine wrote:In FL studio ...

zero2nine
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:48 am

x

I'm sorry, but I purchased the sheet music for ...
Last edited by zero2nine on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

FidelityMusic
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:31 pm

x

In the provided example this is indeed due to h...

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:23 am

x

zero2nine wrote:All this is just speculation an...

zero2nine
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm

x

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer...

zero2nine
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 am

x

The version where I replaced the swing slider b...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”