Fl studio runs worse on new computer than 10yr old mac

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sticksgary
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 am

x

Fl studio runs worse on new computer than 10yr old mac

First time poster here, so ive been using FL studio for about 10 years. Had it on a shit Pc, then had the beta on mac for a while. Mac was a freebie and was old as shit but it ran okay. I decided it was time to get a fresh PC solely for making music - mainly to handle komplete ultimate without any hiccups.

Problem is, everything now runs far worse than it did on my old shitty mac. CPU spikes in FL studio everywhere - when i check my PCs task manager, everything looks fine (although there is lag when opening task manager - bad)

So the problem seems to lie with re-opening projects. If i start something new and add a few instances of kontakt, it can get a big laggy but it runs okay. If i save and re-open, its an inaudible mess. No crashing, just cpu spiking above 100 and barely playing.

First: pc specs

Windows 10 64bit
Intel i7-7700 @ 3.6Ghz
16 gb ram
C: 500gb SSD (software, samples)
D: 500gb HDD @ 7500rpm (libraries)
Focusrite solo
FL Studio 64bit (build 59)

Not sure if its relevant but im using an old hd tv as my monitor
---------

So, heres what ive done within fruity:

Focusrite asio driver selected with max buffer
Graphics turned down
Wrapper settings: fixed buffer length
Multithreading enabled
Plugins not bridged

Within kontakt:
Reduced voices/ max voices set to 50
Mutlithreading DISABLED (so as to not conflict with fruity)
Instrument preload buffer size set to minimal (12kb/s) so it uses more harddrive than ram (from what i understand) - when i use more buffer everything chokes up.

Within windows:
Set priority to high within task manager
Disabled all other sounds
Ensure that focusrite asio is selected

On my old mac i used to use Massive extensively, now on my new computer, i set reverb to max and it coughs and splutters. Never did this before.

Anyway, im trying to figure the source of the problem; is it within fruity, or is my pc just shit. Either way its killing me! Please help.

Im sure ive forgotten other things that ive tried, but i welcome all suggestions!

Thanks

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”