Waves plugins in FL 12

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Spivkurl
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:06 pm

x

Waves plugins in FL 12

I was asked to start a separate topic regarding waves plugins in FL 12, so here goes...

From the beta testing...

"Just as a heads up for people having trouble with Waves in this beta and 12.5.1 as well. After clearing all remnants of all FL versions from my computer, and then reinstalling these two, the shell works now... but only in 32 bit FL. I would think that the waveshells would work with ilbridge like other plugins, but I suppose not. Still no luck with individual plugins."

I finally realized that the various v12 releases were scattered on my computer in various folders, most of them without showing up in the windows uninstall list. So I manually uninstalled each of them, and use the reg code to remove all FL related things. Then I started installing, first v11, then 12.5.1, then the 12.9 beta... All in the hopes of being able to use waves plugins again, which stopped working on all v12 releases. Waves 5 was reinstalled as well, using the default directories.

After this v11 recognized the waveshells in 32 bit right away. However, using the recommended plugin manager settings in 12.5.1 and 12.9 did not make them useable. The individual plugins were not even located, but only the shells. I needed to do the scan as recommended, and then turn off "verify plugins" as well as "rescan previously verified plugins" and scan again. "Rescan plugins with errors" was left on, so that it only effected plugins with errors. The waveshells were scanned again, and showed the "error" and "?" like before. Yet without being "verified" they were now able to be used from the waveshells in 32 bit FL. 64 bit FL still gives an error message when the waveshell is loaded in the mixer.

No matter the plugin manager setting, the only way that it finds the individual plugin DLL's is to add the "waves" directory to the extra search folders, but these give the "waves5.x.DLL not found" error during scanning or when trying to use them.

I hope this can get worked out, since some of these have been my go-to mastering plugins for quite some time! I do know that Ableton Live 9 recognized the individual plugins right away without any effort, but I really don't like Live!

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:59 pm

x

Re: Waves plugins in FL 12

I haven't been able to get Waves 5 to install a...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”