LATENCY AND CRASHES

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
JorshWarsh
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:11 pm

x

LATENCY AND CRASHES

Here's what I did:

- I recorded a guitar track (3 track inputs - 1 left, 1 mid, 1 right). 4 minutes long.

- I recorded a bass track (3 track inputs - 1 left, 1 mid, 1 right). 4 minutes long.

- I recorded a vocal track (3 track inputs - 1 left, 1 mid, 1 right). 4 minutes long.

9 total tracks right now. Everything plays back fine. No latency. No crashes. No problems.

- I turn on phantom power to use the condenser mics for the drums. I recorded a drum track (3 track inputs per microphone - 1 left, 1 mid, 1 right).

The recording went bad. The guitar, bass and vocal tracks were cutting in and out. They'd stall and, of course, it was impossible to play the drums in time.

I tried again after muting all the left and right tracks (6 total) and the (3) in the middle. Same problems.

I opened up the audio interface and played the tracks back and the latency was up to 54ms (previously under 10) and it kept tallying up underruns (6 total), which weren't there when I started.

I basically can't even listen to the (9) perfect guitar, bass and vocals tracks anymore. They're all messed up and they don't sync anymore.

I don't think that what I'm doing is too crazy. I haven't even added effects and I can't even complete a song.

I'd appreciate any help or advice. Thank you.

JorshWarsh
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 pm

x

Re: LATENCY AND CRASHES

I said there was 6 underruns, but I played it a...

FidelityMusic
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:52 pm

x

Hello JorshWarsh, What version of FL Studio do...

JorshWarsh
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:19 pm

x

I'm using the most recent version. CPU meter -...

JorshWarsh
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:48 pm

x

Am I ever going to get an answer to this? I've...

FidelityMusic
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:33 am

x

As far as these underruns are concerned, when o...

JorshWarsh
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:44 pm

x

Under Audio Setting, the underrun count continu...

FidelityMusic
Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 pm

x

JorshWarsh wrote:I've never used the ASIO4ALL o...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”