Fl Studio Crashing - Loading Anything

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
djHaustile
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:40 am

x

Fl Studio Crashing - Loading Anything

Hey everyone.

I've had Fl Studio now for a few years, I have the most up to date version 12.5.1.

My problem is that for the last 8-10 months or so, Fl sometimes crashes when loading basically anything. Projects don't normally crash, it's usually loading things like presets in VST's, presets for effect VST's, etc. This happens with many different VST's, whether they be synths, generators, effects, etc. It even crashes sometimes when loading default mixer channels.

It would seem like the crashes occur (its not everytime), when Fl has to load something that's saved (when it pops up to choose a file from the computer). I differentiate this because it doesn't crash when, say for example, I'm going through a synths soundbank or presets (eg. Serum, Sylenth1, Massive).

Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time. It's gotten rather annoying though! Everytime I'm in Sylenth1, for example, I always save before choosing a new soundbank or preset because it crashes about half the time. Not sure what's causing this or why it even started in the first place. Maybe an update, maybe I accidentally messed with some root file or setting, not sure. Anyone else experience this or know of a fix?

As stated above, this is not a 3rd party software issue or setting. This can happen using default Fl things.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”