Old FL Studio file stutters at ~2GB RAM, New at ~8GB

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
CookieCoke
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:21 am

x

Old FL Studio file stutters at ~2GB RAM, New at ~8GB

Hi there,

Since FL Studio 12 I have multiple projects that work 100% perfect while they use around 5-7GB RAM
When I open an old FL Studio file, at around 2 GB it starts stuttering.

All audio settings are exactly the same (since I open it from the exact same FL Studio)
Also, when I have the 'old stuttering file' opened running vs 2 GB and I pause it, while opening and playing a file loading 7 GB, the 7 GB still doesn't stutter.

The speed of my computer is clearly not the issue, since with new files it can handle easily 20 VST's, with old it stutters at around 6-7, so I am forced to quick render them as audio files.

I have 16 GB RAM / intel 7600K / etc, that's clearly not the issue.
Audio settings:
FL Studio Asio, 44100 Hz, Buffer length 2048smp, Triple buffer, Priority highest
Multithreaded generator and mixer processing, 24-point sinc

Is there a way to solve this?
If not... maybe there is a way to Entirely copy the inside of a .flp file to a new one. To entirely reproduce would take quite long ;)

If you miss any info, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”