Plugin manager refuses to acknowledge over half of my plugins

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Cladrhapsody
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:54 am

x

Plugin manager refuses to acknowledge over half of my plugins

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a complete idiot and didn't see this recent patch for FL, which fixed it - http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=177620

To those that might be dealing with something similar, download the attachment and follow the instructions and you should be good.

-

I'm at a complete loss here. I've been using FL Studio for years, and I've got the recent version right now, and since then I've built up a pretty big collection of plugins with all of them working fine until recently. It started when I noticed a (waves) piano vst was being confused for an effect, and I also recently bought the kilohearts "toolbox" (a pack of different plugin effects) too, so I figured I'd run a plugin scan and see if that could also fix the problem with the piano vst. So I ran it, letting it rescan all my previous plugins too, and the total number of plugins was 468, which sounded about right I guess, but none of the new plugins were orange but instead stayed white, as if I had scanned them before. I then tried to favorite some of the new plugins and, for whatever reason, it wouldn't let me, even though I could favorite SOME of the other plugins I've had before.

I then closed out of the plugin manager and opened it back up to see the total number of plugins dropped from 468 to 151. A ton of plugins, like Serum and Kontakt weren't showing up, but I could still load them in plugin picker, which... didn't really make much sense.

I then tried rescanning my plugins again, each with slight variations (rescan previously verified, rescan plugins with errors, etc.), and nothing changed. It would start by saying it found 468 plugins, I wouldn't be able to favorite or do anything with the majority of those plugins, including the new ones, and then I would close out and reopen plugin manager to see it at 151 plugins again.

At this point, I'm thinking one of the plugins in my main VST folder is seriously messing up some stuff. I decided to uninstall all waves plugins, since those seemed to be the most problematic for FL, and then I cleaned out some other files that were just kinda clogging up the folder. I thought that maybe the kilohearts plugins might be doing something, but they're all only single .dll files, so it wouldn't make too much sense for them to do this much of an impact. Rescanned again, no luck. I then moved everything from the main VST folder to a new folder completely to see if that might help, and that also didn't work.

After that, I decided to rescan my plugins while UNCHECKING my main VST folder, so the folders now being scanned are VST3 folders with stuff like Izotope and the free Melda plugin bundle, and just various stuff like that. After the scan, I STILL got the same problem, so it couldn't have been anything from the main VST folder. I then thought there might be something corrupted with my version of FL, so I backed up my projects, VSTs, and other personalized stuff I have for FL. I uninstalled it completely, then redownloaded it, putting all my projects and VSTS back into FL, and then held my breath waiting for my plugins to rescan.

Still. It didn't work.

I'm seriously exhausted, I've been doing this for days since each scan takes like 30 minutes and I'm practically tearing my hear out doing everything I can to make it work. I can't find anything online with people having similar problems, and I'm terrified at the thought of so many of my plugins, worth hundreds of dollars, all suddenly becoming obsolete and that I'll never be able to install any new ones.

Please, if anyone can help me out with this, I would be eternally grateful. Thank you <3

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”