Ultra-high VST RAM usage?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jonathanese
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:52 pm

x

Ultra-high VST RAM usage?

I'm using East West symphonic orchestra in the latest FL Studio beta (I wanted the time signatures).

When I start loading instruments, I can get all my wind instruments in and it will report about 900MB of RAM usage from the East-West interface. This is the combined usage of all instances.

However, I look at the RAM usage FL Studio is reporting, and it shows upwards of 11GB, so more than 10x the actual usage of the plugin. I go to task manager to verify, and it shows I'm only using about 8GB overall, including other programs and the OS.

So FL is reporting not just more RAM than it is actually apparently using, but it is 10x that of what is actually reported by East-West studio.

Oh, not to mention a solid 60% CPU usage without playing instruments. (East West shows lower here as well.)

This is without anything except perhaps a single instance of maximus and convolver.

Anyone know what's going on?

reflex
Site Admin
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 am

x

Re: Ultra-high VST RAM usage?

FL reports what Windows reports to it.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”