Knob tweaks on certain plugins don't work correctly

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alex Drane
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 am

x

Knob tweaks on certain plugins don't work correctly

Hi there.

I have a problem with a certain kind of plugin types. These are plugins that do a sidechaining effect, for example "Kickstart", "Waves OneKnob Pumper" or "XFer LFO Tool".

---->Please do not start any discussion about "why are you not sidechaining the oldschool, manual way?"<---- (I'm just too lazy :P)

First off, i am using the actual FL Studio version 12.5.1 (build 165) 64-Bit.

A few weeks ago i bought "Kickstart", because it is really cheap and does a good job at sidechaining with so less effort.

Then i found out, that strange things happen on my big projects:

If i try to change values within Kickstart while playing back the track or a pattern, then Kickstart doesn't show any reaction. I takes up to 6-10 seconds, until the changes take effect. In this time i can't do anything else in FL studio, because Kickstart seems to take all the ressources (whatever they might be). I even can't pause or stop the track, because the whole program freezes while still playing back the track/pattern. Sometimes the plugin does not show any reaction at all, it just hangs up.

The strange thing is, that if i assign the WET Button of Kickstart to any of my hardware controller knobs, then i can change the values without any problems. But that is not a solution for me, since i need my hardware controller for other stuff.

I already contacted the manufacturer (cableguys) and we tried a lot of stuff, but we could not find any solution to this.

I then assembled a new PC a few days ago, because i thought "maybe it is my PC, maybe i do not have the power to run all that stuff", although my CPU usage was never higher than about 40-50% in my biggest projects.

My new PC now has the following hardware:

Intel i5-7500
Asus Maximus Ranger VIII Hero
16 GB G.Skill DDR-4 RAM 2400
MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB VRAM

I use FL Studio in 64-Bit, and all my plugins are also 64-Bit. I have the actual versions of each plugin.

With this PC my actual biggest project has a CPU usage at about 28%. In this project i am running 45 mixer tracks, 27 instances of Sylenth1, dozens of One-Shot-Samples for my Drumset, dozens of Automations and also dozens of FL Studio effect plugins, like Reverb2, Delay3, Parametric EQ2 and so on.

I have no input lag on any devices, i can turn any knob without any lag. But as soon as i bring in the "Kickstart" plugin, the strange things happen again, that i already mentioned at the beginning. With the 64-Bit version of the plugin i can't do anything else anymore, no knob is responding to my mouse actions. I can't even assign the knobs to my external hardware controller anymore, because i first have to turn the knob a bit, that i want to assign to an external controller.

So now everybody will say "there you have it, it's Kickstart that is having the issue".

Well i thought that as well, guys. Then i tried some other plugins, like the "Waves OneKnob Pumper" or "XFer LFO Tool". And what can i say? These plugins show almost the same behaviour. OneKnob Pumper from Waves does not show any visual changes when i move knobs or anything, but it changes the values at least (although with a lot of delay). XFer LFO Tool shows the same behaviour like Kickstart.

I think this is weird. What can it be? I mean it should not be a CPU or memory problem, right? When i load a new project, all these mentioned plugins are working as intended.

Is there any solution to this problem? Maybe something that is not discovered yet, but will be in someones mind when hearing this stuff?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Alex

Mitchell001
Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:38 pm

x

Re: Knob tweaks on certain plugins don't work correctly

https://youtu.be/wVREU0eMcaw A strange thing i...
Last edited by Mitchell001 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:38 am

x

Mitchell001 wrote:https://youtu.be/wVREU0eMcaw ...

reflex
Site Admin
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:04 am

x

Mitchell001 wrote:i don't know if this happens ...

Alex Drane
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:54 pm

x

Hi @all and thanks for the replys. - I have t...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alex Drane
Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:33 pm

x

This options was already enabled, my current se...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alex Drane
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:38 am

x

Here is the video, that shows the issue: Pleas...
Last edited by Alex Drane on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alex Drane
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:34 am

x

@lament77: I can totally relate, because i am f...
Last edited by Alex Drane on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:23 pm

x

Hi there. We do care, but we also need to repr...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:05 pm

x

Sure! And yes, I'm working for Image Line. Onl...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:26 pm

x

Hey. This is great news. Could you please test ...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:36 am

x

Hey. A *.flp will do if there are no samples i...

Alex Drane
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:39 am

x

Here you go, see attachment. Thanks for the su...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:13 am

x

Does it also happen with other generators than ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”