FL seems to run slow when opening (sort of)

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
YeetusMcgeetus
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:03 am

x

FL seems to run slow when opening (sort of)

When I open a new project, or any project, it seems, that visually, FL is having a hard time running.

As in... it almost seems like the FPS on the screen decreases to maybe 30ish.. (if that makes sense) when scrolling in the mixer, or scrolling in the playlist, or dragging samples around, and even seeing the playlist vertical green bar go across the screen especially. Im not sure why this is, the CPU is hardly doing anything according to the usage bar up top.

I really began to notice how bad it was when I opened ableton, saw how quickly it was running and responding, then opening FL. I have no clue why its having such a hard time, I did mess around with the smoothing settings and all that, does not seem to help.

I REALLY noticed how bad this was when I had opened up FL, then opened Ableton at the same time, and suddenly FL was running quickly and smoothly and snappy like Id expect it to. I have 0 clues as to why. I closed it and reopened it, same problem. This happens 95% of the time when opening or trying to use FL.

Also my computer specs are a tad old but not by any means bad.

AMD FX8350 (going to upgrade soon anyways)
Nvidia GTX 970 4gb (up to date on the drivers)
32 GBs of RAM
and so on...
I do game on it fairly often, so I dont think it has to do with my specs, especially in a new project. Even when opening a "Basic with limiter" template.
Any advice?..

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:38 am

x

Re: FL seems to run slow when opening (sort of)

You could try FL 12.5.1 build 165, it's the lat...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”