FL Not Transferring Data to Interface's MIDI Out Port

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
raclh33
Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:20 am

x

FL Not Transferring Data to Interface's MIDI Out Port

Lately I've been having a problem with MIDI not being sent out of my audio interface (Komplete Audio 6) despite all port set correctly in FL's MIDI settings and in instances of the MIDI Out plugin. Sometimes it will be working fine and in the middle of transmitting data (i.e. playing a pattern in the piano roll in real time) and out of nowhere it will stop transmitting MIDI while the sequence is playing, and never resume.

Usually the workaround for this is to close FL, unplug/re-plug the USB cable on my interface, and reopen/reload FL and the project (which is already very inconvenient as it is) but a few of my projects have seem to "deactivate" MIDI transmission upon being loaded. I've tried restarting my computer, I even tried opening a blank session, loading a MIDI Out plugin and playing some notes with success, but once loading certain projects, it no longer works.
Screenshots of my MIDI and audio settings within FL, as well as the audio settings and diagnostic tabs of the Komplete Audio 6 (as is)
This only happens with the Komplete Audio 6 too. MIDI still perfectly transmits to my D-05 module, and to plugins within FL studio. I assumed at first that it was the audio interface itself that was the problem, but upon testing its MIDI In port with an external controller (not via USB, 5 pin DIN on both ends)

I assumed at first that this is perhaps a memory overload problem, however, considering that the project(s) are only taking 2.3 GB of about 8 GB of available physical memory, and of 10.5 GB of virtual memory (at max) on a 64-bit system running the 64-bit version of FL, I don't think this is the problem. What is going on, and how do I fix this?

P.S. while I've had problems with this while transmitting MIDI to all of my synths, the only time MIDI has transmission has stopped altogether for certain projects upon loading is during the following:
  1. I am transmitting data to my Chroma Polaris synthesizer
  2. I am using a custom MIDI Out preset that maps each of the Chroma's CC values to a knob
  3. I am creating automation clips using the "create automation clip" method
I will include the MIDI Out preset, as well as the most recent log file of FL. I am uncertain on sending the project files that are giving me this specific problem, since they contain a lot of recorded audio and third-party plugins. I will provide them if requested to though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 am

x

Re: FL Not Transferring Data to Interface's MIDI Out Port

You could try putting MIDI Ox inbetween FL and ...

reflex
Site Admin
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:30 am

x

Re: FL Not Transferring Data to Interface's MIDI Out Port

FidelityMusic (IL) wrote:Be aware that MIDI Yok...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”