Edison recording limit length issues - completely not OK.

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BeatTherapy
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:17 am

x

Edison recording limit length issues - completely not OK.

Hello.
I was already very wary of Edison's weird behaviour when it came to recording length limits (see previous posts), but I must say I was not expecting this level of insanity to be applied to the way this program works. I'll do my best to remain civil, but it will be hard to hide how furious I am after my entire afternoon's vocal session seems to no longer exist.

The entire point of limiting the recording length- correct me if I'm wrong - is to prevent the program recording indefinitely and using up all the hard disk space. Surely it makes no sense for it to limit (and thereby destroy) the absolute amount of data the program can hold when recording in multiple takes.

There's no visual indicator, no warning, nothing to let the user know that if they hit record again, they're about to lose everything they have in Edison already. This is not smart design. This is a nightmare. I'm fuming.

FL, I love you, but you're bringing me down.

Can we please have an actual conversation about making Edison a program worthy of my trust?? Honestly. I've been using FL for 20 years, across my entire career making soundtracks for games and I just can't reconcile some of these glaring (mis)behaviours. Please do something about this. If you're not interested in improving Edison, just tell us that it's abandoned- at least then we can shake these expectations for it to be reliable.

Thanks,
Andrew.

Scott
Site Admin
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:03 am

x

Re: Edison recording limit length issues - completely not OK.

Beattherapy, Edison has always functioned this...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”