FL mixer lags when loading new insert tracks

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ddjdgenesis
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:24 pm

x

FL mixer lags when loading new insert tracks

OK - this has been getting absolutely infuriating nowadays. I don't recall this to be much of a problem back in FL 12, and I do not have this problem in Ableton.

However, I am in love with FL and it is my go to DAW when inputing ideas. Now. I work extremely fast. If I got an idea I can write out all of the instruments and sounds I need in less than 2 hours and by that time I will have over 25 mixer tracks.

Here's the deal. The FL mixer track lags like CRAZY after about 15 insert tracks. I 100% forsure now it is not a computer issue. Here are my specs:
i7 -8700k (overclocked)
32gb 3600 mhz
1 tb 970 evo nvme
1 tb 860 evo (for libraries and sample storage)

My computer stays well under 60C under load. Now what about the software? I have no idea. I thought upgrading a PC would fix the issue but it is still there. The soundcard I am running is a 3rd gen focusrite 2i2. I use buffer rates between 256 and 1024.

If you guys have any solutions please let me know! This is getting absolutely frustrating and it effects my work pace.

Essentially the whole problem is just the lag FL studio gets when I make a new insert track or load a new plugin. Am I completely missing something here or are there settings I can change to fix this issue?

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:53 pm

x

Re: FL mixer lags when loading new insert tracks

Hi there. Could you provide me with a video to...

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:10 pm

x

Re: FL mixer lags when loading new insert tracks

That's fine, just upload it here if you are abl...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”