FL studio 10 and VSL

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ajelber
Tue May 01, 2012 5:33 pm

x

FL studio 10 and VSL

I've gathered from posts about issues with earlier versions of FL and VSL that the two programs don't generally play nice with each other. But, you can get them to work fairly well to a certain point. I'm doing some scoring and I love FL, so I don't want to change programs since I've been using this for several years. To workaround the memory issues with Vienna Ensemble, I just loaded up a new instance of Vienna Instruments for each instrument. This works until you have 5 or 6 (on my machine, 8 gb ram, no dedicated soundcard somehow) instances playing simultaneously. The interesting thing is that the live playback works fine, but when i export it (this problem shows up in all formats), there's some intense artifacts. It's the exact same sound that happens if you run an instrument in VE with large buffers. I have all the buffers set as large as they'll go, gave audio processing highest priority, closed everything else running on the machine, etc, and the problem still happens.
So I decided to give it a try using VE and maxing out the buffers there. As soon as I loaded it, FL had some memory issue.
VSL_FL10_bug.JPG
I forced closed it and opened it again, and replaced all my VSL channels with midi outs, did some shenanigans, and then tried to play it back.
VSL_FL10_bug2.JPG
Force closed it again and because I'm stubborn, tried it again. This time, when it opened, I just had it export the whole thing as an mp3, thinking that if it wasn't trying to do real-time playback maybe it could render it without the artifacts. Still rendering now, so we'll see if it works. If this fails I'll probably just export each track one by one and then put them all together again and do it that way.
If there is something else I could try that'd be cool too, it gets hard to score stuff when you can't play back the audio. I really love this DAW though, it is by far my favorite. I kind of feel like it's a pretty small part of the market that uses FL with Vienna, which is silly because the piano roll editor just makes working with Vienna's stuff so much easier and simpler. And the mixer. And everything really.

[EDIT] the rendering stopped at 54% and FL crashed shortly afterward
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

reflex
Site Admin
Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 am

x

Re: FL studio 10 and VSL

FL has run out of memory. If you take a look at...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”