Pre-rendering playlist tracks

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
thetrent
Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:29 am

x

Pre-rendering playlist tracks

I'm a proud 10 year, award winning user of FL, but I hit a speedbump that may very well make me switch to Ableton. I'm the lead audio developer for GoldenEye: Source, if any of you have heard of it. We just got mentioned in PC Gamer again.

Is there a way to prerender a playlist track to .wav in order to reduce CPU load in terms of effect channels? If the track were prerendered, those effect channels could be disabled. This is very similar to precomposing footage in After Effects, for those familiar with it. If I could simply right click on the track title and click "prerender" and wait a minute to render all effects except those on the main mixer channel, my FL experience will be truly perfect. I'm not saying to visually replace the patterns in that track with a wav file, but play the wav file in the background. If the pattern gets altered, maybe make the track bright red to indicate that the prerender isn't up to date.

I'll be honest, I've lost touch with many of the new features after I considered myself to be an expert. That was 5 years ago. I just watched a video showing all the new features and I had no idea. Any insight?

undersound
Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:08 am

x

Re: Pre-rendering playlist tracks

You mean "freeze" a channel. Yes. very easy to ...

thetrent
Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:11 am

x

You're awesome. Thanks. For a pro, I'm such a...

thetrent
Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:47 am

x

So it turns out that's not what I want. I redac...

nucleon
Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:05 pm

x

Try this method: Set a project data folder fir...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thetrent
Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:18 pm

x

Yeah, I get that. That's actually what that man...

3Li
Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:40 am

x

Once you've setup mixer recording it takes 2 se...

nucleon
Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:54 am

x

thetrent wrote:Yeah, I get that. That's actuall...

Dion
Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:44 am

x

thetrent wrote:there's no reason not to have it...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”