GROSS BEAT patterns sound off sync after cubase export! Help

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Spoid
Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:05 pm

x

GROSS BEAT patterns sound off sync after cubase export! Help

Hello There.

To start off, i use cubase 5.0.1 / 32 bit.
RME UC audio interface with 512 samples/buffer which i don't really ever change.

I got this really big problem and i don't know how to fix it. Some troubleshooting yesterday for a couple of hours but i'm stuck.

Basically i got some electro songs in which i use a lot of Gross Beat patterns to manipulate the volume of the particular clip/track. Now here's the big problem.

While being in the cubase project in real time playback, everything sounds just fine! Everything sounds exactly like i want it to sound.

But when i export the whole thing, those tracks with the gross beat volume patterns sound off sync all of a sudden.

And its really easy to recreate, just make a new project, add a sustain bass sound...then add gross beat as an insert and choose the volume clip "off beat". While sounding ok in real time playback, it sounds kinda off sync after exporting.

Now it doesn't matter if i leave the gross beat options on default, or if i choose the "trigger sync" and "position sync" in gross beat to be off, 1/4, 4/4, doesn't matter. The outcome is always the same. Aswell as having all the main options ticked, such as "remove dc offset", "HQ resampling" or rendering mode etc...

Real-time export or regular export in cubase doesn't matter either.

I really don't know what to do anymore. Especially because it sounds just fine when i play it back in the project. How come it sounds off after rendering? That doesn't make any sense to me.
However it seems like it only happens with "off beat" gross beat patterns. Because i got this other project with a lead synth and a gross beat insert being a "1 beat gate" volume clip...and that project sounds just right after exporting. So maybe its just with off beat patterns i don't know.

Also, on a regular basis the gross beat interface starts to hide the volume/pattern curve in the main window. I assume this happens after i save a project.

As you can tell, you can only see it in the upper small window and only if i click on the particular clip.

I really hope someone can help me out on this because i'm stuck...and i really need to export those songs for a demo next week. I need help please!

Let me know if you need the cubase file or something.

Thank you.
Last edited by Spoid on Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:52 pm

x

Could you tell me the steps to reproduce both i...

Spoid
Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:53 pm

x

Make a new project, add a sustain bass sound......

reflex
Site Admin
Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:19 am

x

Re: GROSS BEAT patterns sound off sync after cubase export!

Something weird indeed, I'll have to check it s...

reflex
Site Admin
Wed May 30, 2012 12:57 pm

x

Re: GROSS BEAT patterns sound off sync after cubase export!

Could you try the latest Gross Beat beta? http:...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”