latency settings and monitoring issues

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
slampy
Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:59 am

x

latency settings and monitoring issues

I'm recording my guitar with an external device I have called a Lexicon Alpha which uses the Alpha ASIO drivers. I notice that there is a delay between my struming the guitar strings and fl studio, I read up on these issues here

http://www.flstudio.com/help/html/effec ... ording.htm

and I tried adjusting the latency settings and reducing cpu usage, but I still get some delay and sometimes it crackles and hiccups. my recording device has direct monitoring and when I use that my guitar sounds prefect. however if I use direct monitoring I can not hear any sounds from fl studio at the same time, and I really need to hear what I created with fl studio and play my guitar at the same time. so, is there a way I can use direct monitoring and hear fl studio, or does anyone have more advice on how to get rid of the delay and crackles so I can monitor the audio with fl studio? I hope I can get this solved. thanks!

Scott
Site Admin
Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:24 am

x

Re: latency settings and monitoring issues

slampy wrote:I'm recording my guitar with an ex...
What's this knob do? The F1 key is your friend!

slampy
Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:53 am

x

Scott wrote: Generally direct monitoring from t...

Buckskin
Site Admin
Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:04 am

x

slampy wrote:Scott wrote: Generally direct moni...
We are the music makers,
We are the dreamers of dreams.

slampy
Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:01 am

x

hmmm, I'll look into that. unfortunately it ca...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”