Showstopper bug - Link selected channels and FPC

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Tiles
Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:14 pm

x

Showstopper bug - Link selected channels and FPC

FL 10.0.9, Bugfix for FPC freezes applied.

I am trapped by a bug here in connection with FPC and the mixer.

What happened: I have a song with FPC in the first pattern at position 1. At one point i selected all channels in the step sequencer, clicked right at the Insert1 slot in the mixer, selected Link selected channels - starting from this track. And my instruments from the step sequencer gots enumerated in the mixer then. Means FPC at position 1, my guitar at position 2, my bass at position 3, organ at position 4, and so on.

The problem is, the FPC instruments are already linked to the channels because i have replaced the kick drum with the FPC. And doing the linking action mixes things up. Means at position 2 i don`t only have my guitar, but also the basedrum from the FPC, at position 3 i don`t only have my bass, but also the snear from FPC, and so on. No way to really adjust something here now without killing the drums.

I haven`t found a solution yet to undo this behaviour. Reloading an empty mixer track state does not deconnect the channels. FPC and instruments are still mapped to the channels. Just the plugins gets removed, and the names gets reset. Which marks this bug for me as a showstopper bug. Maybe somebody has a solution for that?

I have attached two example files. The first file before the link action. Play it and you will see that the mixer already shows the FPC instruments. Insert 1, 2, 3 and 4 are already active and mapped by the drum instruments. Doing the linking action with selecting everything mixes things up then.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”