overall high latency - Am I doing smt. wrong?

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
P-TeCH
Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 pm

x

overall high latency - Am I doing smt. wrong?

hey there

I'm facing some kind of high latency issue which has been present since I bought my actual computer and has got worse since i got a new interface

I'm currently working with an Audio buffer length between 53 and 70 ms (Sample Rate: 44'000 Hz), depending on what I'm doing at a time, which i guess is pretty high - it's difficult and uncomfortable to record with an usb/midi controller e.g.

I can deal with it if I have to but I'd just like to know if I'm doing something wrong... heard rumors that my interface may not work great with Windows 7 (indeed they have not relased a optimized firmware for win 7 yet as far as I know) but the interface shouldn't affect my USB/Midi controller as i connect it directly to the PC using usb shouldn't it..?

PC-Specs:
Windows 7 Home Professional Edition, 64bit
Intel Core i7 CPU, 920 @2.67 GHz
RAM: 3x2 GB

-> Windows Experience Score: 7.4 (CPU 7.4, RAM 7.5)

System partition (c:) on a 128 GB SSD, Libraries are installed on an extern 7200rpm hdd

Hardware Specs:
USB/Midi Controller; AKAI MPK49
Interface; TASCAM US-144 MKII

Software in use:
FL Studio 10 Producer Edition, 64bit
Komplete Ultimate 8, 64bit vst (Kontakt 5, Battery 3, Massive...)

My usual work consists of:

one instance of Kontakt 5; 5 - 10 instruments loaded, amounts of voices processed at a time: 10 - 40 (40 may be the upper limit) // RAM usage: <1.5 GB
one instance of Massive/Sytrus/Absynth/... usually 1-3 osc.
one to three instances of Battery 3/FPC, amount of voices processed at a time: ~10

I've tried to record in a clean project, just one piano sample loaded (Kontakt 5, uses around 200 MB of RAM) and get the latency down to an amount which may be comfortable to record
I had no chance to get lower than 45ms without disturbance (crackles)

would be great if somebody could tell me if there's any way to get my latency down - even if it's buying a new system, I just need to know what I'm doing wrong...

Thanks!

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”