Cannot download more content for FPC

Technical support has moved to Ticketing - https://support.image-line.com/redirect ... calSupport

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
TECHNICAL SUPPORT HAS MOVED!

Technical support has moved to ticketing - START HERE

Some self-help links ...

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm), it can take a few days to get a response depending on the level of demand. Thank you for your patience.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Toddly53
Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:09 pm

x

Cannot download more content for FPC

Losing my mind here. It's very difficult to get any kind of quick answer about anything on Fl Studio so I usually just give up. I have been a new user about 5 times and I always run into some problem like this and get so frustrated that I just say f**k it.

I use FPC and the default drum kit works fine and i can load MIDI loops and all that. I was watching a tutorial on youtube and the instructor says I should have more drum samples in something called a "shared data" folder on the left-hand side. Well, I don't have any folder with that name ANYWHERE. So I go to download more content through FPC by clicking the content library dropdown menu. I click on the online content and and try to download kits. I've downloaded like 7 of them. Then I load the kit in FPC and none of the pads have a .wav linked to them. The sample file name is in red, which makes me think FL Studio can't find the file, so I go looking for the files but can't find them since FL Studio has the most f**k file management I have ever seen - it is totally senseless file organization. So now I don't even know if the files have been downloaded, but the little IL Content Library downloader thingy shows the files be downloaded and it says I have them downloaded and I have even tried to play around with the download directory to get the content to go to a certain place and it never goes where I tell it to go.

I don't even really know enough to be able to explain my problem. Maybe you all can make some sense of this. I tried to look through the forums for similar problems but there is so much on FPC and content library and all that, who knows if any of it would help me out.

Here I am again, another afternoon totally wasted on trying to get FL Studio to work, rather than making some f-ing music.

reflex
Site Admin
Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:14 am

x

Re: Cannot download more content for FPC

Normally the shared data folder is set when FL ...

Toddly53
Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:42 am

x

You, Sir Reflex, are a genius. You should work...

mgolub
Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:01 pm

x

I must thank you as well. My FPC files had "go...

Carbinax
Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:18 am

x

I just downloaded a heap of FPC kits ( all of '...

Sporage
Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:01 pm

x

Okay, me too. Thanks Reflex. I'll make sure to ...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”