House Ed.: In Thru / Shortcut / MIDI-Mapping / Library-DB

Get support here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance

Return to “Deckadance Technical Support”

Forum rules
Deckadance is no longer an Image-Line product. For support please go here - http://support.image-line.com/redirect/ ... Deckadance
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
lucri11
Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 am

x

House Ed.: In Thru / Shortcut / MIDI-Mapping / Library-DB

Hi folks,

after testing tons of different software, I'm finally proud owner of DD 1.92 (House), which finally made the best relation of price and power for me (compliments for a really nice piece of software!). It's running on Win XP SP3, using a Behringer BCD 3000 as controller and sound interface.

But - maybe I'm just to stupid - some smaller things don't work the way I want them to or are unclear to me, so I would love some hints:

Keyboard Shortcut for "Preview-Play":
As stated in the Docu STRG + ARROW UP should work for loading a file from the playlist to the nice little preview-Player, but in my case it doesn't work. CTRL + Up does pretty the same as SHIFT + UP - just the normal "extend list selection upwards"-thing. The other Shortcuts for the Playlist (e.g. "Load in left player" or most other shortcuts) work pretty fine. What am I doing wrong - rightklicking for context menu for preview is quite unsexy ;-)? Or is it a known issue?

External "In Thru":
The BCD 3000 supports two analog ins, e.g. for Mic + extra Line in or similar. Already in the demo (House ed., I know) the use of them was only possible when configuring the ins as "decks" and then selecting "In Thru" in the "Ext Ctrl. Tab" - when just "Mic" (what the main thing would be) was configured, no Mic-Sound arrived anywhere. Unfortuanetly now with the House Edition I bought I seem to have no more access to the "In Thru"-Thing :-( - hoped that would still be possible, as I deselected the House edition for not needing / using all these naughty Timecode-Vinyl things etc.. Any hint, how I can make the external Ins usable again (for including the mic or maybe some old fashioned CD-input)?

MIDI mapping:
Most controls of the BCD 3000 really work nice from the shelf, selecting it in the Setup-Dialog as external control. But I wanted to use a few Buttons in my own way - e.g. the "Ext in A" and "Ext in B"-Buttons, per DD-default assigned to Rec / Play of the 8bit-Sampler. Well, I can easyly use the Midi-Tab to set those two buttons for my desired actions (playlist load to A or B), but nevertheless the "old" (default) function still remains active and I have no idea, where I could remove or change the "DD-default"-mappings?
Same to the "Key A+B"-Button I wanted to use for Preview loading (especially as the Keyboard shortcut seems not to work) - assinging that works fine, but the default setting ("Phone split") still remains active - that's not fine to me as it produces nasty sound jam in my sensitive ears ;-).

Where's the libarary data stored:
Last thing is just a technical question for backup reasons - I found the folder where the "BPM"-stats etc. are stored, but I've gut no idea, where the Library-Data of files I add is stored. As the library contains roundabout 40.000 files I would love to backup the data (not the sound files, just the lib-info) in some way, to preserve it. Any hint, which files or similar I have to backup for that?

Thank you very much in advance for your patience,

regards
lucri2011

Return to “Deckadance Technical Support”