1800 | Feedback welcome! |

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Stardustlegend
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:40 pm

x

1800 | Feedback welcome! |

Okay so this is a song/composition which I have been messing around with for MONTHS. I worked on this song way before I had FL, and by now I've made 3 different versions of it.

The first version of 1800 I made was before FL studio, and my understanding of sound-design and mixing was not really that great, and I had made this first version in GarageBand so I was pretty limited to what i was able to do with it as well.

Once I got FL Studio, I decided to revisit 1800 and give it an entirely new feel. Originally the song was electronic and had a chiptune vibe to it, it but this time I went a completely different direction with the sound design and instruments. I think this version was inspired heavily by the Saturnz Barz Banx and Ranx remix. I'm not sure what it was about it but It definitely had an influence over this when i was making this second version. This second version uses more "traditional instruments(?) (not sure if that's the right term XP), things like pianos, guitars and bells were used this time, and with a better understanding of sound design this second version sounded more polished in my opinion.

However there was something that I had lost when remaking 1800 in FL. Despite this version being longer, it didn't have that much variety in the song sections and progression, making it sound extremely repetitive. This seems to be symptomatic of quite a few of my compositions, but it was strange because the original version of 1800 I made in GarageBand had more variety in instruments and patterns. But when I was trying to convert certain patterns into new instruments, it didn't seem to fit with the rest of the track. I tried to add a new bell section to mix things up but it seemed out of place and came out of nowhere as people have told me. I wasn't entirely sure how to fix this, if you have any ideas or feedback for this please let me now.

The final version of this was a lyrical version. You see, I had given this composition lyrics (two different versions of lyrics in fact XP). The original lyrics were then modified for a school project I made for English class about The Crucible. I posted a version of this lyric video onto my youtube.

Anyway, like i said, feedback is appreciated, here are the 3 versions of the song:
Original Version:
https://clyp.it/zalh4h4u
FL Studio Remake:
https://clyp.it/lmk52jo4
Crucible Version:

Glasman
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:17 pm

x

Re: 1800 | Feedback welcome! |

Hey Stardustlegend, listened to the FL Version ...

e-Gloomy-nations
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:30 am

x

Wonderful tune, could be coming from some kind ...

Stardustlegend
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 pm

x

Badrobot76 wrote:Hey Stardustlegend, listened t...

Return to “Song Exchange”