Trance Dance from a new guy

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jwnew2daw
Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:57 pm

x

Trance Dance from a new guy

Hi,
I have my 6th song that I created on Fl 12. Determined to try to make it trance sounding.
I have no experience with making this music on a computer. I started in Feb 2015 with a few week course online with another DAW. that I did at nights. Very disappointed with my results. My Trance sounded like a polka.
Have been wanting to play a synth since 1968 when I heard my first. Played brass from 2nd grade to 1963 in High school. Ya I'm old.
Trying to figure our Fl. (I bought in March for my 69th birthday) I was going through Harmless presets and found Emerson lucky. When I heard it my slow memory popped up "Lucky Man" by Emerson Lake & Palmer (1970) .
I had to try to make a sound like The synth lead in that song. I went overboard outside the box not knowing what I'm doing at all. I like in your face, hard beat, Dance inducing music.
The result is the first thing in my life I ever did that tells me "you did ok"!!?? Even though I know It's probably All wrong. I don't know about song structure, music theory or what button to do what in Fl. But I'm having fun for the first time in many years. Thanks for listening if you want.A loner Always looking for some kind of feedback (this time, leading with my chin). First time side chaining with gross beat. don't know much else. Used FX samples and 1 other drum loop the rest is all FL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

e-Gloomy-nations
Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:40 am

x

Re: Trance Dance from a new guy

not bad for your first try-outs.. But it's real...

Mr.MaxPower
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am

x

Hey man, good effort. You started and that's al...

jwnew2daw
Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:19 am

x

Wow, Thank you both a lot for your kindness to ...

Mr.MaxPower
Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:28 am

x

This guy has some nice tutorials. It's not me, ...

jwnew2daw
Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:23 am

x

Thank you MrMaxPower, Yes his tutorials are ver...

jwnew2daw
Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:28 am

x

how do u troll an old man Easy, just tell him t...

Return to “Song Exchange”