"This City" by The Midloth Project

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sw0rdk1ng
Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 pm

x

"This City" by The Midloth Project

Hello music lovers; I'm sw0rdk1ng, or The Midloth Project, hailing from North Carolina! I'm new to the forums, but I've been using FL Studio since 2007, originally using it to try and write rock music with a friend for a short time, and since then going on to produce electronic music adhering to no specific subgenre. Over the course of my musical "career" I've written almost 160 songs and released three albums and an EP. As of the past 5 years I've been steering towards potentially producing for video games, but with the recent surge in synthwave's popularity I decided to take a crack at the genre with an EP I released earlier this summer (the song I'm sharing is from this EP).

Introductions aside, right now I'm hitting (the end of?) my quarter-life crisis where I'm not necessarily trying to decide whether I want to do music, but rather, where to go with it; having played around with FL Studio for years but never really sticking to a particular sound (imo), I feel as if part of my lack of exposure comes from an inability to find a niche (Do I pursue gaming music wholly? Or do I become more of a music artist? What limits me from doing both?). At the very least, I don't know where my music falls genre-wise save for being electronic music with heavy rock influences.

TL;DR, I'm here because I would love some unbiased feedback from complete strangers on the internet! Right now I'd prefer critiques and advice (to gain a following) over simply looking for exposure, but if what I make seems like it's up your alley, you can find more of me at https://themidlothproject.bandcamp.com/.

Thanks for reading/listening!

PS: If you have advice for gaining exposure, please avoid suggesting facebook as I am phasing out of facebook as a platform :)
PPS: Feel free to throw your own stuff in my direction (solrendis@gmail.com; put FL Studio or Image Line or something in the subject line so I know what's up and where you're coming from) if you take the time to offer feedback, especially if you're looking to network/collaborate :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sw0rdk1ng
Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:15 pm

x

Re: "This City" by The Midloth Project

Gloomer wrote:So, we got a new professional her...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

e-Gloomy-nations
Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:42 pm

x

10. Towers : I liked that one too, but a few re...

sw0rdk1ng
Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:41 pm

x

Thanks for checking out the other songs Gloome...

e-Gloomy-nations
Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:24 am

x

07 - Achilles : those background strings/pads a...

Return to “Song Exchange”